Bill Martin22

Stop VCF Screens at Computer Startup

How do I shut off TMG and Visual Chartform screens at startup? I’m using TMG Version 7.04 with a Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

At the time I shut off the computer, I first close all programs – so TMG is NOT running when I turn off the computer.

When I Start my computer each day, without clicking anything, I immediately get these four screen displays loaded on top of each other to my monitor screen:

1. Welcome How would you like to proceed? [ [Then there are ‘buttons’ for Last, Sample, Select, Restore, New, Exit]]

2. Visual Chartform - (New_VCF_Chart)

3. Welcome to The Master Genealogist Each time you enter The Master Genealogist™, you will see the Welcome window. In this window you can choose: [[Then there is an explanation of Last, Sample, Select, Restore, New, Exit plus paragraphs for Hot Keys as well as Tips and Tricks for various Operating systems.]]

4. Visual Chartform Help

My Internet Explorer “Internet Preferences” are, at Startup, to open Internet Explorer and display the Google search page.

It does not happen. I get TMG and Chartform instead.

With a Project open, I used TMG File> Preferences> Startup and Exit to test the effect of checking or unchecking “Show Welcome Window”.

It changed the sequence of TMG displays, but all four screens continued to display whether the box was checked or unchecked.

How do I shut off the TMG and Visual Chartform screens at startup?

Thank you for the advice.

-Bill Martin Denver, CO

Bill -

What you are seeing at start-up is a function of the Microsoft Windows Start Menu, not of your browser's settings. Look in Windows7 help or online for how to remove programs from the Start menu.

Virginia