TerryD

Search and replace in Occupations

Is there a way to search and replace in an Occupation tag memo in the same way as you can with Place tags in the master list?

For ages I have been putting "a" and "an" in front of the memo, "a great fellow" and "an awful driver". I have bitten the bullet and changed the sentence construction and added the "a" in there and will amend the sentences requiring "an".

Is there a way to go through my erroneous ways and remove the "a"s and "an"s in the memo fields en masse?

Thanks in advance - Terry

Terry,

TMG Utility (link below) is a companion program for TMG that includes a Find and Replace feature that you can use to alter memo text. You should be careful when using it, and in particular, you should use the "Log Only" feature when using the Find and Replace option to fine-tune the change before you commit to the changes.

Find and Replace supports a wildcard feature called "pattern matching". You'll want to use it so you can ensure you don't remove "a" or "an" when it should remain. if you decide to use TMG Utility, and you need help with the pattern, let me know.

Thanks for the prompt reply John.

I have TMG utility here already, I had forgotten the power that it has. I will have a look at it over the weekend.

Appreciated - Terry

John, you mention MEMO TEXT but I can't find a field called that in the drop down.

Am I being thick?

Regards - Terry

p.s. I still have problems changing exhibit folders using TMGU in Win7 when trying to convert from internal exhibits to external. I select the new folder and TMGU crashes.

Terry,

The field is called "Event Memo" in the "Field to change" pull-down menu.

There is a known issue with the Output Folder field in the Export Images function. The problem only affects some users, and there's no known workaround at this time. Sorry.