Sign in to follow this  
NeilMcD

Check for Duplicate People

I have been exploring the use of the "Check for Duplicate People" feature.

Problems

1. Although this has worked for me in the past, if I select a pair to exclude (by ticking checkbox and clicking Yes), after the pop-up

window closes, the check mark disappears, and the pair remain unexcluded. Has this been seen before, and is there a cure?

Questions

1. Are the candidates held in memory or in a temporary DBF file that I could examine with an external utility?

2. In comparing surnames, it seems that a duplicate is suggested if the married names of two women are the same (subject to the surname

evaluation criterion), even though their maiden names are different. Have I interpreted this right? If so, see wish list item 3.

3. The list includes each pair twice - once as A and B, and once as B and A. Is this the expected behaviour? If so, see wish list item 4.

Wishlist

1. That the "Merge Two People - Split display" window should show the name of the spouse in the marriage line.

2a. That I could keep the window open while I look at the full details of each candidate in their person view

or

2b. That there could be a list report of the candidates, to have open in a report window, while I look at the full details of each candidate.

3. Allow the option of matching on primary names only.

4. Include each pair of people once only.

Neil