KathleenC

Merging data from one project into another

Your question is not clear.

Are you referring to tags linked to people? All those (and any associated custom tag types) should be copied with the people.

Are you referring to custom tag types with no tags linked to people? Those would not have been copied.

Your question is not clear.

Are you referring to tags linked to people? All those (and any associated custom tag types) should be copied with the people.

Are you referring to custom tag types with no tags linked to people? Those would not have been copied.

Yes, these are linked to people. I have two projects, one is my own family, the other a one-name study. I am trying to update the ONS, as I neglected to update it with my family's new info. I created a focus group in my family db and produced a list of people with secondary output to a new project. When I merged the two projects, the new data is not there. I expected to have duplicate people, which I could then merge (it is a small subset).

Merging projects simply adds the data set(s) from the source project to the target project.

After the project merge, you need to merge the data set with the new data into the original data set. Then you'll see the duplicate data.

You can read an explanation of merging projects and data sets here...

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/merging.htm

Since this query had nothing to do with the topic to which it was added, I've moved this discussion to a new topic.

Merging projects simply adds the data set(s) from the source project to the target project.

After the project merge, you need to merge the data set with the new data into the original data set. Then you'll see the duplicate data.

Since this query had nothing to do with the topic to which it was added, I've moved this discussion to a new topic.

Well, that seems to be the problem, then. I only have one dataset in the project. :wacko:

Well, that seems to be the problem, then. I only have one dataset in the project. :wacko:

Had a brainstorm and reversed the "A" into "B" choice. Somehow, the parenthetical statement means the opposite to me! All is well.