Bookworm

System Crashed- can't open TMG project

My computer crashed while TMG (and several other programs) were running. Now I can’t open the TMG project that was open when the system crashed. I get a series of error messages that offer me the option of IGNORE, ABORT or RETRY. When I choose IGNORE I get the following error messages:

File_N not found, variable NPER is not found , SS1 is not found, nesting error, alias is not found, and other error message. I have “ignored” my way through all of these as a bar signaled a percentage of something was finishing, only to have them start again when the bar reached 100%.

I am using TMG Version 7.04

I backed up two days before, but would prefer not to lose the hours of data I had been working on. Any suggestions?

The messages are saying that the database files (or possibly the index files) have been damaged. You are probably going to need to restore your last backup.

As a last resort, you should delete all of the .CDX files in the project folder. The program will attempt to reindex the database files the next time that you open the project. This may or may not allow the project to open.