JohnR

Search/Replace

I see that over the years in various versions of TMG the Find/Replace (Ctrl F) function has and hasn't worked. In V7 I find that it will work once only in a memo field; this is of little help as more and more images of text are available on the net and using OCR software I need to clean up the resulting text in a memo field. Often it is no more than finding and deleting the hyphen translation of line breaks.

.... or has this already been solved and I have missed the solution?

John

CTRL+G should find the next instance of the search target. See the shortcuts on the Edit menu.

This is in the Find Text and Find Text Again help topics. There is not a replace option. It has been tried and has never worked very well with the control used.

CTRL+G should find the next instance of the search target. See the shortcuts on the Edit menu.

Thanks Jim. I had only ever looked at the edit drop down menu when the Edit Tag screen was just open, never when it was maximised, so I didn't realise that the menu changed! TMG does have a habit of hiding it lights under too many bushels :unsure: