Sign in to follow this  
argothor

_ND.dbf not found error

When trying to load any project in TMG 6.12 I get the following error message:

An error happened when opening to data tables...

File C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\THE MASTER GENEALOGIST\_ND.dbf not found.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

My project loaded just the other day, so I'm not sure what has happened in the meantime - no new programs were installed since it last worked.

I am just a user like yourself, but searched this Forum for this older TMG version for similar posts. The common suggestion on some similar postings for Version 6 were to go to the folder where your project is stored and delete all (and only) the files with the Windows file extension of ".CDX". (There are likely to be nearly thirty of these files for a project.) TMG will rebuild these files when next you open your project, so you are not putting your data at risk doing this.

Once you get your project to open, be sure to do the File Maintenance commands.

Do the maintenance actions as a pair: Optimize, followed by Validate File Integrity. Do this pair until the Validate reports that it found no errors. Then do a final Optimize.

You should do this maintenance regularly for your TMG projects.

Let us know if this works.

Still getting the same error after deleting all of the .cdx files.

I am just a user like yourself, but searched this Forum for this older TMG version for similar posts. The common suggestion on some similar postings for Version 6 were to go to the folder where your project is stored and delete all (and only) the files with the Windows file extension of ".CDX". (There are likely to be nearly thirty of these files for a project.) TMG will rebuild these files when next you open your project, so you are not putting your data at risk doing this.

Once you get your project to open, be sure to do the File Maintenance commands.

Do the maintenance actions as a pair: Optimize, followed by Validate File Integrity. Do this pair until the Validate reports that it found no errors. Then do a final Optimize.

You should do this maintenance regularly for your TMG projects.

Let us know if this works.

Gosh, I am out of ideas. Maybe some other user will have a suggestion. You might consider refreshing your installation using the TMG v6.12 full installer. Install over the top of the existing installation using the same settings and path as the current install. This will only refresh the program and have no effect on your data. If you don't already have the file, you can download it from here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg6setup.exe

Remember to record your username, email address, and unlock code as you are likely to need them again.

If that doesn't work, I can only suggest that you contact Support directly.

support@whollygenes.com

Reinstalling, then deleting the .CDX files and doing the maintenance seems to have done the trick. I'm back up and running.

Thanks Michael for your help.

Roger

Gosh, I am out of ideas. Maybe some other user will have a suggestion. You might consider refreshing your installation using the TMG v6.12 full installer. Install over the top of the existing installation using the same settings and path as the current install. This will only refresh the program and have no effect on your data. If you don't already have the file, you can download it from here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg6setup.exe

Remember to record your username, email address, and unlock code as you are likely to need them again.

If that doesn't work, I can only suggest that you contact Support directly.

support@whollygenes.com