Ron Siem

Using Exhibits for group photo & e-mail address

I have a group family portrait with multiple persons in it. I am using external exhibits. I would like to reference each person in the picture to the picture.

1) Do add an exhibit for each person and reference the same file?

2) Do I copy the same caption over again for each exhibit entry? I am still a little confused on how exhibits link back to a person, event or citation.

Also I want to track people's e-mail address as part of their contact info in the Address tag, but do not see a field for e-mail address.

I don't use the Latitude or Longitude fields.

3) Can I remove the unneeded fields and add the e-mail field in their place?

4) If so, how do I add the e-mail address field?

Thanks.

Ron Siem

I have a group family portrait with multiple persons in it. <snip> Ron Siem

Ron,

Here's an interesting solution

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/r...7-08/1188240045. Someone suggested using a custom History-Photo tag because the history group tags don't have Principals, and the author of the message countered with a suggestion of using custom photo tags (multiple) where there are Principals, selected from photo.

I recently tackled the same issue you brought up, however, I solved it for a couple of group photos by making new Photo tag in TMG that doesn't print, that does show up in Second Site. I may reconsider, and make them "visible" in TMG, with a sentence that shows up in TMG reports.

Like you, I'll be watching other responses.

Tom