BJHeard

GedView or SS for ipod touch?

I have an Apple ipod Touch that I want to load my genealogy data onto. I read two topics in this forum about software to accomplish this. It looks like GedView or Second Site (SS) work well on the iPad. The iPad has a large screen and the iPod touch has a very small screen. My question is, is the iPod touch screen too small to easily read SS documents? Are there any other "issues" I should be aware of with regards to either GenView or SS on an iPod Touch?

Thanks for your help.

I have not used GenView, but Second Site simply produces web pages for your iPod web browser to display. I also don't have an iPod, but presume that its web browser can increase or decrease font sizes of web pages as desired. So if you don't find web pages text too small, then you won't find Second Site pages too small.

====

I did a Search for the term "iPod" on the TMG-L archives. The post here describes Second Site on the iPod using an iStore app Good Reader.

Edited by Michael Hannah

I have both an iPod touch and an iPad. I have been using an App called "Famviewer" which reads Gedcom files into the device through a wi-fi link to my PC. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good,and works equally well on both. You can't edit the database but it does let you make notes which you can then email to yourself. Is there any chance of Wholly Genes developing an App? I suspect not in the forseeable future.. A pity, because an editable version for iPad would let me use it in place of a laptop in the field..

Pktropics

I have both an iPod touch and an iPad. I have been using an App called "Famviewer" which reads Gedcom files into the device through a wi-fi link to my PC. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good,and works equally well on both. You can't edit the database but it does let you make notes which you can then email to yourself. Is there any chance of Wholly Genes developing an App? I suspect not in the forseeable future.. A pity, because an editable version for iPad would let me use it in place of a laptop in the field..

Pktropics

I also don't have an iPod, but presume that its web browser can increase or decrease font sizes of web pages as desired. So if you don't find web pages text too small, then you won't find Second Site pages too small.