Sign in to follow this  
Bob Bennett

Creating Reports Problems

Installed TMG 7 on new computer using Windows 7 64-bit operating system. Thought everything was working fine until......attempting to save report (FGS) to Word for Windows 2000 or later. Receive conversion error #20: Unknown error - contact tech support.

Then tried to save report to PDF. All kinds of problems and TMG shuts down. Only related printers showing in "Printer" list is Microsoft XPS Document Writer and Quicken PDF Printer. There is no printer driver showing for TMG.

Attempted to Install PDF Printer. A window appears titled "Amyuni Document Converter", followed by another line reading Windows 95/98/Me Install. There are then listed five different error codes. If it's trying to load something for Windows 95/98/Me, doubt that will work.

Need to get out some reports - need help.

Output to word processor reports (Word, WordPerfect, RTF) is not supported under 64-bit operating systems. This will be fixed in TMG8.

You can output to Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) files and open those in Word.

You can install the PDF printer driver following the directions here.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...showtopic=12005

Jim,

Thanks for the response. I had forgotten about the Word printing problem with 64-bit systems. No problem there - I can wait for v.8.

I did make the changes to the compatibility mode listed in your 1 November 2009 instructions. Still could not install the PDF printer. I'll shut everything down and try again tomorrow.

Couldn't wait. Although error codes appeared when I added the PDF Printer (after making your compatibility mode changes) noticed that the PDF Printer was added to Device and Printer Lists. Made the Port changes, and the report was created in PDF format. If everything holds, I'm in good shape. Thanks.