rogerj67

Windows 7 64 bit

Like everybody else I have been very frustrated with the lack of adequate report writing with Windows 7 64 bit and TMG 7.04. However I have found an adequate work-around for the time being. First output the report to an HTML file. Second open the said HTML file in Word 2010, a sub-menu pops up allowing you to convert the file into .docx format with a more than adequate result. Just a few extra clicks!

Roger

Yes, that's the case as I've posted in several topics on this issue. The HTML file is not as completely formatted as a Word DOC would be; however, it can be opened in Word and saved in the format of your choice.

This topic has been moved to the TMG7 forum since it has nothing to do with Pre-Sales.

I too am having problems, I am ready to create my book and need to create the book in Word so that I can do last minute edits put it all together and then create my PDF to have published. I don't think I can wait for version 8 and want to know if I can convert back to v6 and run it using Windows 7 64 bit? This was a MAJOR error on the part of TMG as far as I am concerned. I also do not seem to be able to go into the updates and update V7.

Sorry, but going back to version 6 will not help - it can't produce output to Word on 64-bit systems either, and has other issues with Widows Vista and 7. In any case, you can't convert your data back to a prior version.

I see two solutions you can use. One is to install TMG7 on a computer using a 32-bit version of Windows. If you have another computer, say an old one or a laptop, or can borrow one, that could work.

The other alternative is to install XP Mode on your Windows 7 machine, and install and run TMG 7 on it. This requires one of higher versions of Windows, but otherwise is free. It's a bit of pain, but it works.