John K

Deleting Sources - Prompts for Embedded Citations

Before I can delete a source from the Master Source list, I receive a warning that lists the number of times the source is cited, and says "Additional citations may be embedded in memos. You can enable a search for any embedded citations on the prompts tab in Preferences."

Since I frequently use embedded citations, such a search would be helpful. However, when I go to the prompts tab and switch between the three options (never prompt, do not search - prompt each time - never prompt, always search) I continue to get exactly the same warning, and TMG never seems to search to see if the source is used in embedded citations.

What am I missing? How can I get TMG to search and see if a source is used in any embedded citations?

Before I can delete a source from the Master Source list, I receive a warning that lists the number of times the source is cited, and says "Additional citations may be embedded in memos. You can enable a search for any embedded citations on the prompts tab in Preferences."

Since I frequently use embedded citations, such a search would be helpful. However, when I go to the prompts tab and switch between the three options (never prompt, do not search - prompt each time - never prompt, always search) I continue to get exactly the same warning, and TMG never seems to search to see if the source is used in embedded citations.

What am I missing? How can I get TMG to search and see if a source is used in any embedded citations?

Did you ever receive a reply? After all, deleting sources is serious business in TMG.

I posted a question on the same topic today before I say your request for help.

Rae Jean