LornaHenderson

Family Tree DNA New template for Y-DNA111?

I have updated the Family Tree DNA log template, and Jim Byram has checked it out.

Attached below is the updated template which includes the new FTDNA 111 marker test.

Installing the updated template: Download the .zip file to a folder on your computer

Extract the Family Tree DNA.dna file from the .ZIP file.

Copy the file Family Tree DNA.dna file to the folder for your operating system and version of TMG listed below.

TMG v.7.x

Windows 7 & Vista users should copy the file to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v7

Windows 2000 and XP users should copy the file to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7

TMG v.6.12

Windows 2000 and XP users should copy the file to C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist

Family_Tree_DNA_file.zip

Edited by Jim Byram

I have updated the Family Tree DNA log template, and Jim Byram has checked it out.

Attached below is the updated template which includes the new FTDNA 111 marker test....

Thanks a bunch folks, worked a treat, now I just need to await the results.

The file is an update to the existing Family Tree DNA.dna file by adding a new test template. It is used to replace the existing .DNA file.

Jim,

I forget the structure of those files so I couldn't remember if there was a file per test or something else. I was concerned that an existing test was updated, but that's not the case. All is well.

John

The DNA Template file is a .zip file with a .dna extension. The contents are a dna.ini file and a .jpg image. The dna.ini file is plain text with a simple structure.