Leslie1899

Finding Most Recent Edits

:unsure: I have a problem that can best be solved by accessing information stored under the Type and Value fields. I need to see exactly what was edited on a specific date to solve a problem. I've checked the manual, TMG Utility, etc., to no avail. Given that the information is compiled (it's on my Tool bar under Details), there's got to be a way to list "Last Edited" data. Can anyone help?

Leslie

Thank you, Jim. Believe it or not, as I waited for an answer, I fiddled around and came up with this solution. It doesn't address each edit (alas), but I could go to the people indicated. I got my laptop with the correct version of my project on its screen; and the wrong version on my main computer so I could compre the two. I found all the recent people edited late yesterday which I added to the correct version on the laptop. I'll restore this version and no work will have been lost.

Somehow, even though I would've sworn under oath that I'd restored the project properly when I returned from a research foray to the Clayton Library, I obviously did not do so. Fortunately, I'd done only a few random things afterward, but was desperate to correct my terrible error.

Thanks for replying.

Leslie

Leslie,

You might also consider running the identical report of all people in both versions and then use your word processor to compare the two report documents. This should identify differences.

Maybe not. For example, the two reports in Word may be big (huge?) files, but I think you can have Word compare those two docs and only show you the differences, which hopefully would be a rather small file for you to look at?