helpquest51

Problem with JournalIntro Tag

In Aug 2009, I created a Journal Report with an introduction using the JournalIntro Tag Type. This tag printed exactly as advertised from Aug 2009 through 10 Mar 2011. The next set of reports I generated after 10 Mar no longer centered the title and author of the introduction - instead these came out left justified. This indicated that the embedded printer code [center:] . . . [:CENTER] was no longer being interpreted correctly. The [size:] . . . [:SIZE] and the [:CR:] embedded codes continue to be interpreted correctly.

No changes were made to this JournalIntro tag after it was created in Aug 2009. What would cause the system to no longer interpret this [center:] . . . [:CENTER] embedded printer code after 10 Mar this year? Would a recent update to TMG 7 be the source of the problem? I recently deleted and retyped the [center:] . . . [:CENTER] print code in the unlikely event that some stray invisible character had corrupted the tag. The problem still exists.

I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this problem.

Reply to my own post:

I copied The Master Genealogist v7 folder from my new computer with Windows 7 OS to my notebook pc with Windows XP OS. I then used the TMG v7 program on this notebook pc to generate a Journal report. This report contained the introduction with a correctly formatted heading.