MNCamper

journal report and HELVSS75 font

I am using TMG v7.04.0000 Gold under Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit.

The journal report in TMG uses the HELVSS75 font for superscripted source reference numbers.

The HELVSS75 font is used regardless of what font I may specify in the exponent field on the Fonts tab in the journal report options.

The HELVSS75 font is unique to TMG.

I have tried report destinations of Acrobat (PDF) and printer PDF995 with the same result.

I have tried deleting/resetting the journal report.

I need to distribute journal reports via email to people potentially having slow internet connections (need small PDF files).

I therefore do not want to imbed fonts in the PDF file (makes large PDF files: 2,380KB vs 75KB).

I therefore need to use universally available fonts (HELVSS75 is not universally available).

Why does TMG provide an option to specify the font to use for exponents/superscripts and then ignore that option?

Since I cannot output a journal report to WORD .doc format or .rtf, how can I produce the desired PDF journal report?

Rick

I am disappointed that no one has offered a solution (or at least commiseration).

But, I can appreciate that v7 is old news and that the focus is now on v8.

I have tried many different things to try to get a PDF file that does not use the HELVSS75 font.

Including trying to generate a journal report with v8...but I am not at liberty to talk about that.

What I finally got to work was to:

- backup my database on my WIN7 64-bit computer

- fire up TMG on my old XP 32-bit computer

- restore my database

- generate my journal report to WORD doc format

- open the doc file in WORD 2003

- print the journal report to the PDF995 printer

This annoying workaround did have the benefit of creating a PDF file with the endnotes integrated with the journal report instead of having two separate PDF files.

Here's hoping that v8 will be the solution to ALL of our problems...

Rick