Sign in to follow this  
waldonj

GEDCOM Import Help Needed Flags

I have a GEDCOM created by another product that I want to import into TMG. It has several custom flags that I would like to map directly to new custom flags I will create in TMG.

The iGEDCOM has flags in this format:

1 _FLGS

2 __WORLD_WAR_I_D World War I Draft Card

2 __DEATH_CERTIFI Death Certificate

If I create TMG flags corresponding to each of the various flags in the GEDCOM, can I map them directly at import time?

For this example I create a World War I Draft Card custom flag with ?,N,Y, and a Desth Certificate flag of ?,N,Y.

If the GEDCOM has the flags as shown above I want to map these to the new flags with a Y value

If I create TMG flags corresponding to each of the various flags in the GEDCOM, can I map them directly at import time?

No.

Set up your flags after the import. The List of People and List of Events reports can be used to set flags quickly based on filters so that it doesn't have to be done person by person.

OK Thank you, I see how to load my new flag by doing a List of People with a filtered group on _FLGS tag (created by import) with memo containing "DRAFT" for example, setting the secondary output to set the TMG flag to "Y". How would I then remove the _FLGS tag that came from the import?