Michael Dietz

How to choose which wife in Family Group Sheet

I have a g-g-g-grandfather who was married three times and had children by all three wives. His second wife is my g-g-g-grandmother and so I am interested in the family group sheet for him and her. However if I call up the report with his id I get him and his first wife and their children. The only way I can get the report for my direct ancestors and their children is to call it up with her id but that makes it appear she is the head of the household, i.e., she is in the subject box and he is in the spouse box.

Is there any way to call the report under his id and specify which spouse?

Thank you

Mike

Mike -

Your question was answered in a forum message yesterday No. of Marriages. The spouse selected in the Family or Tree view is the designated Primary spouse and will be used in the FGS.

Virginia

Virginia:

I thought I was still having the problem but then I looked at the entire group sheet listing (actually print preview) Since I was interested in the second wife I had only looked at the first page of the report and it is always with the first wife. DUH!!!. The other wives are listed with their families as the second page and the third page.

As my father said, "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS" or in this case the entire report.

Thank you for the help and sorry for such a dumb question.

I did not know about selecting the primary spouse as I very seldom use the family or tree views. So I did learn something.

Thank you.

Mike