afinab

Backups failed

After using Pathwiz, I can't seem to back up my project. I get an error message: Project in use elsewhere, and a reference to a sessionkeeper.dbf. I never tried to backup with Pathwith open, and I only use it on one computer. I also keep losing my accents (which never happened before) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afina

After using Pathwiz, I can't seem to back up my project. I get an error message: Project in use elsewhere, and a reference to a sessionkeeper.dbf. I never tried to backup with Pathwith open, and I only use it on one computer. I also keep losing my accents (which never happened before) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Afina

Have you tried to "reboot" ???

Good luck,

As Mike suggested, reboot your computer. Maybe a temp file somewhere has not been cleared.

Then I would run Optimize - Validate File Integrity (VFI) - Optimize in that sequence until you get no error messages from VFI.

Try your backup without exhibits.

Re lost Accents - do you have more than one project, and if so are they all in one folder or in separate folders? Accents (and filters) are specific to a project, so an accent (or filter) created in a project in one folder will not be available to projects in other folders. If all projects are in one folder (which I do not recommend) then accents and filters are available to all the projects.

Virginia

As Mike suggested, reboot your computer. Maybe a temp file somewhere has not been cleared.

Then I would run Optimize - Validate File Integrity (VFI) - Optimize in that sequence until you get no error messages from VFI.

Try your backup without exhibits.

Re lost Accents - do you have more than one project, and if so are they all in one folder or in separate folders? Accents (and filters) are specific to a project, so an accent (or filter) created in a project in one folder will not be available to projects in other folders. If all projects are in one folder (which I do not recommend) then accents and filters are available to all the projects.

Virginia

Virginia and Mike,

I rebooted, but no difference.

After rebooting when trying to start the program up again I got the following message:

File access is denied

c:\Docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\tmg58809187\sessionkeeper.dbf

Clicking 'Ignore' doesn't do anything, 'Abort' closes the program. When trying to start up again after that, it booted up fine. Accents were lost again

VFI did not find any problems

I tried optimizing before and after VFI:

Before VFI optimize gave error message that program is busy elsewhere

After VFI optimize gives error message: Command contains unrecognized phrase/keyword 555 REINDEXDATASETS

Ignore allows continuation

Tried optimize again but again got message that program is busy elsewhere

I only have one project per folder

Both Flagmanager and Accents give me an error message: Alias not Found 541FRMDETAILSLIST.MPREPAREEVENTS

Tried to back up again:

Error message: Warning: the project is in use elsewhere. It cannot be backed up while in use.

I just noticed that in the folder for this project there is a .tmp file that is not present in any of my other project folders, as well as three files BACK_I.CDX, BACK_I.DBF, and BACK_I.FTP, that are not present in my other folders. Would that be something PathWiz stuck in there?

At this point I am thinking I might be better off restoring the project from before the PathWiz use.

Thanks,

Afina

Afina -

There may be a very simple fix; it should not be necessary to restore your project. If the problem is related to using PathWiz, you should contact Bryan Wetton, the developer, using one of the contact options listed on the form here:

http://www.sceya.com.au/pathwiz/bs_contacts.htm

There are a couple of reasons I can think of for missing accents: the accents are based on a Flag which is not in that project; you are working from a restored project where the backup did not include accents; or you have more than one copy of the project - one with accents and one without.

Virginia

Afina -

There may be a very simple fix; it should not be necessary to restore your project. If the problem is related to using PathWiz, you should contact Bryan Wetton, the developer, using one of the contact options listed on the form here:

http://www.sceya.com.au/pathwiz/bs_contacts.htm

There are a couple of reasons I can think of for missing accents: the accents are based on a Flag which is not in that project; you are working from a restored project where the backup did not include accents; or you have more than one copy of the project - one with accents and one without.

Virginia

Virginia,

I'll contact Bryan.

As far as the accents: none of the possiblities apply, and they were there (and did not disappear) before I used PathWiz.

THanks for helping me think through this

Afina

Afina said

<I just noticed that in the folder for this project there is a .tmp file that is not present in any of my other project folders, as well as three files BACK_I.CDX, BACK_I.DBF, and BACK_I.FTP, that are not present in my other folders. Would that be something PathWiz stuck in there?>

Yes, these files are a duplicate copy of your Exhibit Log - used within PathWiz! if the 'Restore' option is chosen in step10.

As mentioned in your next thread 'Backup Problems Continued, Backup Failures.

Glad to see PathWiz! has been excluded from your list of possible causes....

As mentioned in your next thread 'Backup Problems Continued, Backup Failures.

Glad to see PathWiz! has been excluded from your list of possible causes....

Me too, but I am no closer to a solution :-)

Afina