Sign in to follow this  
Chris Davies

Deleting Source Elements

I've deleted many unused Source Types from my project, but these leaves 191 Source Elements. On trying to delete these TMG always reports this source element is being used. However these source elements are not used in any source templates for any of the Source Types I have. Why can't I delete them?

Many Thanks

Chris

Chris,

If they are not in use in any Source Type, but TMG still reports that they are in use, it probably means that they are used in individual Sources in which the Templates have been modified locally.

I think you can find them with the List of Sources report, with a filter like:

Override Footnote ....Contains....[?]....OR

Override Short Footnote ....Contains....[?]....OR

Override Bibliography ....Contains....[?]....END

When you run the report you will be asked to enter a value for the [?] terms, and you would enter the name of one of the Source Elements you think should not be in use. If you think it most likely that they are used in the full Footnote, you would only need to use the first term above.

Thanks Terry

Tried that, but TMG reported No sources matched criteria. So i did a source list with no filter and outputing effective Full, short and Biblography templates. This didn't contain any of the offending Source Elements ie [AGENCY]. This list would only show Source Types actually used, but i have removed nearly all unused Source Types. Is there a default set of Source Types which aren't actually removed, eventhough they don't appear on the Source Types list ? I'm using the UK edition.

Many thanks

Chris