ebharlowe

TMG v 7 to TMG v7

Need some help importing files. I'm using TMG v 7.0. I am trying to import a TMG project into another TMG project using the simple wizard. The wizard only has options to import TMG v. 4 or earlier. The project I want to import was probably started that long ago but I've been adding data in versions up to 7.

So... I located the file I wanted to import (using a backup .SQZ file). The program extracts the file and then, apparently, stops. The "Next" button does not go active.

Does it just take a long time to process? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks

Need some help importing files. I'm using TMG v 7.0. I am trying to import a TMG project into another TMG project using the simple wizard. The wizard only has options to import TMG v. 4 or earlier. The project I want to import was probably started that long ago but I've been adding data in versions up to 7.

So... I located the file I wanted to import (using a backup .SQZ file). The program extracts the file and then, apparently, stops. The "Next" button does not go active.

Thanks

You don't import a v7 project into a v7 project...you want to "Restore" the backup of the project placing it wherever you want it and then merge it with the existing project if you wish. See Terry's site for information on merging project and datasets at

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/merging.htm

Thanks

You don't import a v7 project into a v7 project...you want to "Restore" the backup of the project placing it wherever you want it and then merge it with the existing project if you wish. See Terry's site for information on merging project and datasets at

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/merging.htm