Sign in to follow this  
Michael Dietz

Book Manager responses

I have a Book Manager set up which automates 15 flag settings. So I have 15 List of People reports being run, each of which notifies me of the number of people to be changed, and if I want to change the Last Edited Date, and when the flag changes are done. So I have to sit here and click 45 times to run the project. No big deal but it would be so much easier if I could have those responses automated.

Is that possible?

Thank you

Mike

Mike,

I don't know enough about Book Manager to be sure, but I don't think the prompts can be automated. However, you can turn off the one for Last Edited Date in Preferences > Program Options > Reports.

Mike,

See attached clip of the Report Preferences Terry refers to. See Help, too:

Prompt to Change Last Edited Date

When writing reports that change flags, you can choose whether or not to change the Last Edited date. Your choices are:

· Never

· Always

· Ask each time

Jan

post-117-1311515753_thumb.jpg

This is an old (and unresolved) wishlist item.

It is non-trivial and no real way to resolve it. You are looking at it with one type of report and a limited number of prompt types.

The Book Manager can use many different report types with a large number of possible prompts and required responses to those prompts. There is no way to predict all of the possible prompt types and reasonable default responses for those prompts. You could do it but it would make report definitions and/or the Book Manager unacceptably more complex. At least, up to this point, no one has proposed a reasonable design to accomodate all of the various possibilities.