Is Twain installed into TMG? I have 7.04 Gold Edition on a lap top which travels with me to do research. My newer system has two big screens and an icon that allows me to see the lap top screen remotely. I like to copy and paste from the bigger screens or Snag It (a screen capture program) which I frequently use. When I copy a Snag It capture and try to put it into TMG - Exhibit, I get the message that "Twain not installed." How do I fix the problem? I have a scanner that is Twain compatable according to a Google search that I did but for the life of me, I don't know what to do get the captures into "Exhibits." Help??!! Please....

Hi Charline,

It appears that the Twain.dll is a file that can be installed as part of the operating system, and is not part of an application such as TMG. It sounds like scanners use this software and your scanner software has not been fully installed. My Google of "Twain not installed" gave me this site which states that this DLL is not installed in Windows 2008, but claims that an appropriate file can simply be copied into the system area. What operating system do you have? Perhaps you can find a copy of this file appropriate for your operating system and scanner, possibly from your scanner manufacturer's site?

Good luck. Sorry, but there is nothing that TMG can do to help.

You can't paste into the Exhibit Log. You need to save the image to disk in your exhibits folder and then add it to the Exhibit Log.