Hi,

I do not get # of Spouse to work in accent.

In the sample file are two people who have being married two times. I have tried with the following to get these two

# of Spouse > 1 +green background

When this didn't work I also tried with = 2 but that didn't help either.

Do anyone know what's wrong?

Just to test I changed # of Spouses to # of Children and then I didn't have any problems to get my accent to work. But now I want to have Spouses...

Hi,

I do not get # of Spouse to work in accent.

In the sample file are two people who have being married two times. I have tried with the following to get these two

# of Spouse > 1 +green background

When this didn't work I also tried with = 2 but that didn't help either.

Do anyone know what's wrong?

Just to test I changed # of Spouses to # of Children and then I didn't have any problems to get my accent to work. But now I want to have Spouses...

Liliana,

this condition is apparently broken in accents. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It will be reported.

Liliana -

The filter # of spouses does not seem to work. However, a Flag based on # of spouses does work and would be preferred over a filter for accenting - not having the program overhead of continually refiltering for the number of spouses. Another benefit of Flag accents over filters is that only Flag-based accents can be used in VCF charts.

There are several steps involved in setting up the Flag and adding it to existing people. After that it is a simple manner to add the Flag to each new person in turn.

(1) Create a Flag say NumberSpouses using File / Flag Manager / Add

Spouse1.png

(2) Run a series of List of People reports for each Flag value in turn, for example

Filter for # of Spouses = 2

LOPfilter.png

with

Secondary output: Set NumberSpouses Flag to 2

SecOutput.png SetFlag.png

Repeat for # of Spouses =3, and =4, and =5 (if you have people with many spouses)

(3) You can now Accent your layout, charts and (in v8) reports with these flags and colors.SpousesAccent.png

It may sound complicated, but taking each step in turn, it is not difficult. Please ask if you have questions.

Virginia

Note: The subject of number of spouses (using a flag based on the Marriage Group tag) was discussed here earlier this year but had some drawbacks. The # of Spouses flag seems to be a better solution unless I've missed something. The earlier thread is here.