I have a new computer and need to install TMG V7 which is now on the old one and don't know how to proceed. I have a device that will transfer files once all the programs are on both machines. Can someone help?

You install TMG on a computer just like you install any other program. You need to download and run the installer.

Assuming that you are running TMG7, the installer can be downloaded here...

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe

If the old computer is running WinXP and the new computer is running Win7, the data paths used by the program will differ. A program that automatically transfers data might deal with that badly.

Microsoft has a transfer program that backs up you user data and settings from one computer and then the equivalent program on the second computer will restore the user data to the correct locations... Windows Easy Transfer. This is the tool that should be used to transfer your data to your new computer.

The Win7 version is already present.

Start Menu / Accessories / System Tools / Windows Easy Transfer

The WinXP version can be downloaded here...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=4503

I have a new laptop and am trying to load V7 on it. I loaded the trial version and when it asked for the ser # I entered first the # I received when I upgraded to V7, it rejected it. So I exited and rentered and next entered the Ser # for the original V6, it rejected! So what now?

The information entered on the unlock screen must be exactly as originally reguired. Same name, same email address, and the TMG7 registration number. The most frequent issue is that the user enters his/her current email address rather than entering the email address used when TMG was registered (which is the email address required to unlock).

If this doesn't work, check the email with your TMG7 registration information or, if you can't locate the email, contact Support to get your required registration information.