Peter Tarkkonen

Sentence question

Just added "widowed" sentence to death event.

In tag I add widowed person to witness and have a role "widow"

WIDOW sentence: "He/She widowed < [Y]>< ([RA:Widow]-at age)> when [PF] died."

Outcome in Tag preview is correct, but in Journal report output [M1] is at the end of sentence.

So output in Journal is like "He/She widowed < [Y]>< ([RA:Widow]-at age)> when [PF] died; <[M1]>"

Just dont understand how [M1] gets there?

What do I do wrong?

Peter

WIDOW sentence: "He/She widowed when [PF] died."

Outcome in Tag preview is correct, but in Journal report output [M1] is at the end of sentence.

Hi Peter,

I suspect the simple answer is that the main memo is added because that is the setting on the Journal Options. Check the "Memos" tab of the Report Options and see what the setting is for "Memos that are not included in the sentence." I'll bet it is "Embedded". (Remember that [M] is the same as [M1].)

The simple solution is to make sure that the main memo "is included in the sentence." You do that by adding the special null memo part "" to your Witness sentence (this is Em-Zero).

As a suggestion, to get rid of the "He/She" you might use the Male and Female Witness sentences (which are governed by the SEX flag of the Witness). I use:

Male: [W] became a widower when his wife [PF] died.

Female: [W] became a widow when her husband [PF] died.

Hope this gives you ideas,

WIDOW sentence: "He/She widowed < [Y]>< ([RA:Widow]-at age)> when [PF] died."

Hi Peter,

I suspect the simple answer is that the main memo is added because that is the setting on the Journal Options. Check the "Memos" tab of the Report Options and see what the setting is for "Memos that are not included in the sentence." I'll bet it is "Embedded". (Remember that [M] is the same as [M1].)

The simple solution is to make sure that the main memo "is included in the sentence." You do that by adding the special null memo part "<[M0]>" to your Witness sentence (this is Em-Zero).

As a suggestion, to get rid of the "He/She" you might use the Male and Female Witness sentences (which are governed by the SEX flag of the Witness). I use:

Male: [W] became a widower when his wife [PF] died<[D]>.< [WM]><[M0]>

Female: [W] became a widow when her husband [PF] died<[D]>.< [WM]><[M0]>

Hope this gives you ideas,

Thank You Michael!

You were very right. Will not make a bet with you :)

Just before asking help I read this [M0] story from TMG Help, but did not get it. I think got it now.

Btw, we do not have He/She in finnish. Just one word which is same for woman and man. In sentence I actually I use first name.

Peter