marygrindol

Trouble viewing citation numbers in Master Source List

Are we any closer to TMG 8? I am anxiously awaiting it but we've heard nothing from Wholly Genes since last May's newsletter and announcement of the beta test. I didn't dare sign up for beta testing because we were warned we couldn't go back. Thankfully, in addition to my desktop, running Windows 7, 64-bit, I have a laptop still running Windows XP and I can copy my files to a thumb drive and transfer them over if I have to.

I have entered so much data into TMG this summer, I shall be heartbroken if I find it unusable.

I am operating TMG 7.04 in Windows 7 64 bit. Although I have had TMG for years, I've just began to use it on a regular basis in the past 9 months (since getting my new computer with Windows 7). When I pull up the Master Source List, I am never able to view the first column in the list, which I believe is supposed to contain the source numbers. Is there something I can do to correct this? Sometimes, especially when trying to convert my imbedded sources (from a previous program) to regular sources, that I want to just go to the source, rather than have to do a search of what I THINK might be in either the abbreviation or title.

LOS.png

Mary -

You must be in the More (Title) view. See screenshot where the source number is displayed in the box field in the middle of the screen. There is no column for the Source number. If you Sort by Source number, the sources will be in order.

If you click on the Less button at the lower right of the screen, you will go to the Less (Abbreviation) view where there is a column for the Source # and by selecting the Source-number sorting option you may find it easier to navigate to the source you want.

I've always found these More and Less views confusing. I hope this helps a little -

Virginia