Sign in to follow this  
dpusch

Missing "Memo" data from individual reports

I am trying to creat an "Individual Detail" report that contains all the tags for an individual. In the Options/Tags dialog box, I have selected "All tags" and "All events." I notice, however, that, although all the tags are present in the generated report, some (but, strangely, not all) are missing the information contained in the "Memo" field. How can I force this into the report?

You're referring to things like occupation that are output in the sentences in narrative reports?

Individual Detail report / Options / Miscellaneous tab / select 'Embed sentence [M]emo'

See the TMG Help Topic "Variables (Event Tags)" and scroll down to the subtopic "Memo". You will find the following NOTE:

NOTE: If the memo is included directly in the sentence construction and printed in the main part of the report, then it is not available for use as a footnote or endnote as controlled by the Report Definition for that report. Therefore, if you are using the memo field for information you want to include in end- or footnotes, do not include the [M] in your sentence and be sure to check the option to embed the memo as a footnote or endnote when you print report(s).

So if the [M] variable is not included in your tag's sentence, whether and where the memo will print is under control of the Report Option mentioned by Jim above. If the [M] variable is included in your tag's sentence, then the Report Option has no effect, it will print in the sentence where you specified.

Jim,

Thanks. I played around with this a while and found that the following will force the memo field to appear in the report:

Reports/Individual Detail/Options/Memos/Embedded (radio button)

With that solved, I am also trying to force the "age" column to appear in the Individual Detail report. So far, not luck. Any ideas in that regard?

Edited by dpusch

Reports/Individual Detail/Options/Memos/Embedded (radio button)

That option adds memos that are not used in sentences.

I am also trying to force the "age" column to appear in the Individual Detail report.

That's not an option.