Sign in to follow this  
maryandhubie

Birth Order Report?

I would like to generate a list of all the people in my project (328) by birthdate (first born to last born) regardless of who their parents are -- just everyone by birth from the first ancestor to the most recent descendant. I tried generating such a list from the List of People report changing the output columns to Birth Group tag date, Name, Death. Also chose the Birth Group tag as #1 sort order. The result was an list in an order I cannot discern (doesn't appear to be from oldest to youngest--may be in family groups) and the birth/death date columns are blank except for a half a dozen people. I've just ordered the Reigel Primer on Amazon. If someone can help in the interim I would be very appreciative.

Mary,

The book is packed and will go in the mail in the morning. In the meantime...

If the birth dates are blank that would explain the apparent random order of the listing, but why are they blank? Have you looked as some of the people with blank birth dates to see if they actually have birth dates entered? If so, are the birth tags marked primary?

I suspect you might have all the people with blank birth dates first - have you looked all the way to the bottom of the list?

Mary,

The book is packed and will go in the mail in the morning. In the meantime...

If the birth dates are blank that would explain the apparent random order of the listing, but why are they blank? Have you looked as some of the people with blank birth dates to see if they actually have birth dates entered? If so, are the birth tags marked primary?

I suspect you might have all the people with blank birth dates first - have you looked all the way to the bottom of the list?

Duh! Thank you, Terry. I just hadn't scrolled down far enough. Look forward to reading your book so I can get the most out of the TMG.