Sign in to follow this  
Daryl Edmonds

Date query

When entering a "cremation" event I keep getting an error message; The date (12 Jan 1998) IS outside the expected range for this tag type (100-300).

Proceed anyway?

I click "Yes" and it all goes as it should. This is a new project, and I don't have the same message in my other, "main" project. Why should it start now? Ignoring it doesn't seem to affect the output, it's just an annoyance, having another window to click.

When entering a "cremation" event I keep getting an error message; The date (12 Jan 1998) IS outside the expected range for this tag type (100-300).

Proceed anyway?

I click "Yes" and it all goes as it should. This is a new project, and I don't have the same message in my other, "main" project. Why should it start now? Ignoring it doesn't seem to affect the output, it's just an annoyance, having another window to click.

Click on Tools and Master Tag Type List. Scroll down the list until you find the "cremation" tag. Highlight it and click Edit. Click Other and you see two entry boxes in the bottom left corner under Year Validation. Apparently for some reason the Maximum is set at 300. Change it to some number greater than 1998, probably 3000 and then click OK and Close.

Mike

Daryl,

Cremation is not a standard Tag Type, so you must have created. I suspect the issue is that the year range for that Tag Type has been changed accidentally. By default it would be from 100 to 3000 - it looks like the 3000 has been changed to 300. To fix it, open the Tag Type list, and edit the Tag Type. On the Other tab, lower left corner, change the "Maximum" date.

Thanks, Michael & Terry.

You're right, Terry, I did create the cremation tag and, somehow, the "date validation" had reverted to 300.