Michael Dietz

Printer error -30

I use the Book Manager to generate some of the reports I include in Second Site. A couple of these are PDF files. I am using XP-Pro, and just upgraded to the FireFox browser version 7.01. Now when I run the book manager report I get the following error message for both of the PDF reports: Activation Error message box, Printer not activated, error code -30. The report is not generated. I know it is related to the upgrade of the browser but I have no clue as to go to them or to you since I have no idea what the error message means.

I have the following PDF printer installed:

aPDF Writer, PDF995, PDF-XChange-2 DE, Quicken PDF Printer, and Wholly Genes PDF Writer v3. All state in the Control Panel Printers and Faxes display they are ready. The last two are Amunyi Document Converter 2.50 and 2.51 respectively.

These drivers have been installed by programs I have installed and so I have no idea where, when, or what they are.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hi Mike,

What OS are you using?

My first guess would be to uninstall the WG PDF printer, then reinstall.

Mike,

I am using XP=Pro.

Since I did not install the WG printer I assume you mean to uninstall TMG and reinstall it, correct?

Thank you much for the reply.

Mike

Since I did not install the WG printer I assume you mean to uninstall TMG and reinstall it, correct?

No. Michael means exactly what he said. Uninstall the WG PDF printer driver from the Devices and Printers window. Then run TMG. The PDF driver might auto-install. If not, use File / Printer Setup... / [install PDF printer] to install it.

No. Michael means exactly what he said. Uninstall the WG PDF printer driver from the Devices and Printers window. Then run TMG. The PDF driver might auto-install. If not, use File / Printer Setup... / [install PDF printer] to install it.

Jim,

I had to use the File / Printer Setup.../ [install PDF printer]. During the process I received the error:

Copying acXMLParser.dll file

Error Code 2

The system cannot find the file specified.

The process continued with the message

Installing Amyuni PDF printer driver

and other installing messages finally with the message

Printer setup succeeded.

I tried to generate the PDF file again and it completed successfully. Should I worry about that error or is that a normal condition?

Everybody, thank you so very much for the advice.

Mike