stlsailor

Windows 7 Folder Locations

I recently moved to a new notebook running Windows 7 64-bit. When I install TMG7 it insists on putting a complete set of TMG folders in my personal documents folder. I changed the filed locations of all files under preferences to a folder on a different drive, exited, then restarted the program, then exited again. I deleted the unwanted folders in the personal documents folder. But every time I start TMG it persists in recreating those unwanted folders. How do I get it not to create them?

Dale

The program creates three data folders in specific locations (depending on the operating system and user account name). There are methods to customize this behavior depending on exactly what you want to do.

Read (carefully) the Data File Storage help topic, the Advanced topic and the two topics linked to by the Advanced topic. Then come back and ask whatever questions you might have.

I have had the same problem, but found the solution deep in the help files mentioned :rolleyes:

I think there are quite a few that would like to have easy control over the "User data files" folder; The Documents folder gets cluttered up by a lot of programmes.

If it is not too late for the v.8 wish list, please include an option in the preferences menue.

Regards,

Sverre