rosechal

Transfer copy of datafile to new computer

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help me out.

Have downloaded the TMG program onto my new computer and it is working with the sample datafile. Have tried to copy the datafile on my main computer to the new computer with no success.

I initially tried to copy the datafile onto a memory stick and then copied from that into the TMG Program File under Projects. However when I tried to open it by clicking on the file it came up with an error message saying the file could not be found!!!!

I then tried to copy a backup file and try an restore it on the new computer, opening up the sample datafile first. No luck with that either.

As I need to use the new computer on the weekend as I am visiting a friend I would really like to be able to solve this problem ASAP.

HELP!!!!

This should work:

1 - make a backup of your project on your old computer

2 - copy that backup (.sqz file) to your memory stick

3 - copy the .sqz file from the memory stick to your new computer

4 - Restore the project.

If you are trying to backup directly to - or restore directly from - the memory stick, that might be the problem.

I'm not sure what you meant by copying the 'datafile' (project?) to the memory stick. Note that a project contains about 100 files, including the .pjc file, so it should be moved as a backup .sqz file.

Virginia

This should work:

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for your advice.

I did struggle with it but finally worked it out. Found out that when you copy the backup file to the memory stick you need to have the original Project you are copying from closed down.

Rosemary