Hello,

I am asking this question for my father who is not as "tech savvy". He recently has experienced a slow down in speed of the TMG program. He runs into the problem when adding "events". Program goes to "not responding" but will eventually pull up the desired screen. It makes it very time consuming to enter data. Thinking it was the computer; I doubled the amount of ram and checked for viruses. He has more than enough hard drive space. I also updated to the most recent version. His project has a population for close to 30,000 people with 50,000 witnesses (I guess he doesn't understand how that is possible because he rarely uses them). He is VERY protective of his data and always worries about it when i mentioned doing a complete re-install. I hope someone could help with this slow down.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

From time to time I encounter the same problem without knowing the reason. CPU (on a mono-CPU system) is eaten up by TMG. For me, restarting TMG (and eventually Optimize) helps in most cases.

Hello,

I am asking this question for my father who is not as "tech savvy". He recently has experienced a slow down in speed of the TMG program. He runs into the problem when adding "events". Program goes to "not responding" but will eventually pull up the desired screen. It makes it very time consuming to enter data. Thinking it was the computer; I doubled the amount of ram and checked for viruses. He has more than enough hard drive space. I also updated to the most recent version. His project has a population for close to 30,000 people with 50,000 witnesses (I guess he doesn't understand how that is possible because he rarely uses them). He is VERY protective of his data and always worries about it when i mentioned doing a complete re-install. I hope someone could help with this slow down.

Thanks,

Andrew

I have found that I experience a slow down editing tags when the individual is not related to the subject of the Automatic Relationship Tag and that tag is active. Turning off the Automatic Relationship tag during periods of heavy editing speeds things up. To turn of, right click in the Details window and uncheck Automatic Relationship tag near bottom of list....