Vernon

TMG 7 Layous

I have numerous layout files *.lo located in a User Program Data folder C: \Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v 7. The current program V7 is only using the "Standard" layout. I would be grateful if someone could please inform me how to make the program incorporate the other layout files and show them in the layout button

Vernon Symons

v.symons@gmail.com

Vernon

Two ways to access the layouts:

----View menu > Layouts: the layouts should be in a numbered list. Either enter the number of the layout or highlight the layout to select it. The keyboard shortcut is Alt-V-A (and enter layout number), or Alt-V-A-M to manage the layouts, for example to create a new one or Overwrite an old one (you cannot overwrite the Standard layout).

----Layout toolbar: Use the dropdown list (down arrow) to select a layout.

Are you not seeing the layouts listed in either place?

Virginia

Vernon,

It is possible your TMG is not installed where you think it is. Since installs vary by operating system and options, the quickest way I know to find out where your *.lo files "should" be, based upon your current install, is the following:

• Open TMG
  • Using the Standard layout that is available, save a new layout file with another very identifiable filename (e.g. XYZ123.lo)
  • Exit TMG
  • Now use Windows to search the disk for that unique filename.

Whatever folder TMG put that file in is where your installation of TMG expects your other *.lo files should be located.

Vernon -

If you are new to the message format in this forum, a tip for replying: type your reply below the quoted message - on the line after the closing code, as in this example:

Quote.png

When you click the 'Add Reply' button at the bottom of the screen, your message will be correctly formatted for you and posted.

Have you been able to get the layouts to appear in the toolbar?

Virginia

Vernon -

If you are having trouble with the message board, you can contact me by email here.

Virginia

Virginia.

The problem I have with the Forum is the sending sequence of the message. All programs I use use a "send" button. Is this the function of the ""add reply"button?

Regards

Vernon

Vernon -

Yes, the 'Add Reply' button is what you want to use to 'send' messages. And if you are replying to a message and it is quoted, you type your reply at the bottom, below the quote.

Have you solved the layout problem?

Virginia

Vernon -

Yes, the 'Add Reply' button is what you want to use to 'send' messages. And if you are replying to a message and it is quoted, you type your reply at the bottom, below the quote.

Have you solved the layout problem?

Virginia

Virginia

Thanks for your help. Yes I have solved the Layout problem and they are now all being shown under the layout button. They were in the wrong folder. Why I don't know. I also now understand how the Forum reply system works.

Thanks again

Vernon