Joe Cummings

Sentence structure and AE variable

V7 and Windows 7 Home.

Death tag sentence:

[RF:Deceased] died <[DD]> <[L]> <at age [AE]>. <The cause of death was listed as [M1]>. <Contributing factors were [M2]>. <[M3]>.

Sentence resolved as:

Elizabeth died on Mon. 23 Nov 2911 in Highland Farms Retirement Home, 200 Tabernacle Road, Black Mt., Buncombe, North Carolina, USA, 28711, 828 669-9654, 353649N0822101W, 2342 at age 1001 years, 4 months and 9 days... She died at 10AM.

Memo: |||She died at 10 AM.

What is the cause of the incorrect age (1001) and extra periods (... Dhe died at 10AM.). The lady was over 101 years of age.

V7 and Windows 7 Home.

Death tag sentence:

[RF:Deceased] died <[DD]> <[L]> <at age [AE]>. <The cause of death was listed as [M1]>. <Contributing factors were [M2]>. <[M3]>.

Sentence resolved as:

Elizabeth died on Mon. 23 Nov 2911 in Highland Farms Retirement Home, 200 Tabernacle Road, Black Mt., Buncombe, North Carolina, USA, 28711, 828 669-9654, 353649N0822101W, 2342 at age 1001 years, 4 months and 9 days... She died at 10AM.

Memo: |||She died at 10 AM.

What is the cause of the incorrect age (1001) and extra periods (... Dhe died at 10AM.). The lady was over 101 years of age.

Hi Joe,

I do not know about the age.

But the periods should be within < > , i.e. conditional output. In your example, they are unconditional output.

Regards

Helmut

Edited by hlein

Hi Joe,

There are several questions here.

First, the age is simply a subtraction of the Primary Birth tag's date from the date in this tag. I suspect that you did not really want to put her death year as "2911" did you? That is 900 years in the future! :rolleyes:

Next, look at your sentence template. The periods after the phrases for [AE], [M1], and [M2] are outside of the conditional brackets for those phrases. Thus you have specified that those three periods should always be output, even when there is no M1 or M2. I suggest putting them inside the conditional phrases. There are many ways this can work, but I usually put the period and the separating spaces at the beginning of my conditional phrases, such as:

[RF:Deceased] died <. the cause of death was listed as><. contributing factors were><.>

You don't need a period at the end as TMG will always add that for you.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

I am embarrassed to have not seen the wrong date I entered in the death tag! Corrected it to 2011 and all ok.

Regarding the periods. It has been some time since I worked on sentence structures. Thanks for pointing out the conditional brackets and period positioning.

All ok now.

I am embarrassed to have not seen the wrong date I entered in the death tag! Corrected it to 2011 and all ok.

Hi Joe,

You might run a plausability check (in the reports section). You can set various options and it will report if a person's age at death is (say) greater than 100 years.