joepeery

Missing file when opening database

After running a backup of my project, I ran validate file integrity. It said it repaired about 20 potential problems. After that I ran optimize. Optimize said that [project name]_pd.dbf was not found, and the options were try again, abort, and ignore. I tried again several times and it kept coming back to the same message. Finally, I aborted.

Now the project won't open. I get this message:

'An error happened when opening the data tables... File c:\users\...\[project name]_pd.dbf not found.'

Now what?

Thanks,

Joe Peery

Contact Support. Several people have seen this in the last few days so there is a common external cause of the problem. Phil is collecting data.

Just wondering if anyone has heard a fix for this. I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and can no longer get the program to open. I did send a request to support - but I'd REALLY like to get my program back soon.

Thanks,

Glen Gallagher

I'm starting to think this might be a Windows problem instead of a TMG problem. In addition to the "File not found..." messages, I'm getting other messages and errors like:

Unknown member ROSTATUSBR

MSHUTDOWN Line 156 (and several other line numbers)

Additionally I've noticed that my *.dbf files and *.cdx files have become invisisble or something. I CANNOT see them in their proper TMG directories. However when I use the Windows Explorer search function, they are found right where they should be. I've tried to copy and paste some of these files, but I always get the message, "This file is currently not availabe for use on this computer.."

Looks like it might be time to try a reinstall unless anyone knows another fix for this.

Thanks,

Glen Gallagher