mscole

Linking Internal Exhibits

Hello,

Hopefully a stupid question with a simple answer but ive searched and i cant find out how to do it....

Ive got a number of images on my project that are internal exhibits, how can i link these to a person record?, for example i have a picture of two people together already in my project, this is linked as an internal exhibit to person 1, how do i link it to person 2 as well without having to put the photo into the project again and end up with two copies of exactly the same photo?

Thanks

Hello,

Hopefully a stupid question with a simple answer but ive searched and i cant find out how to do it....

Ive got a number of images on my project that are internal exhibits, how can i link these to a person record?, for example i have a picture of two people together already in my project, this is linked as an internal exhibit to person 1, how do i link it to person 2 as well without having to put the photo into the project again and end up with two copies of exactly the same photo?

Thanks

Hi,

Just my two cents:

I remember trying thissomeyears ago and I thinkitis notpossible. You may link a source to severeal events, but not an exhibit.

I myself would see 2 ways:

1) I do not store images internally because of too many drawbacks (project size an backup size increases very much, time to verify andoptimize the project uncreases - you may find several threads covering these issues). So, I can attach the same external image to several tags/events/persons and still have only one physical copy.

2) Create a source containing the image as an exhibit and attach the source to several events. This is what I do with Church records: the image, transcription and possibly the translation as exhibits in one source and linking this source to several events (e.g. marriage and 3proclamations, birth and baptizm, death and burial ...)