JohnR

Memos - distinguishing text

I need to find a way to distinguish some text in some memos.

What I am attempting to do is to make published obituaries, which I have copied from papers or journals, look different from the default text for the rest of the memo. I presently cut and paste the text and insert it with a couple a carriage returns into the Death or Burial Tag memo field. I have tried changing the point size but this goes haywire as does the line spacing, when I output to Second Site or to a printed report. In a perfect world a "Smaller Text" button as one finds in Thunderbird would be ideal. I'd even settle for a compressed form of the default font if I could find a way to call it.

Has anyone already invented the wheel or found a way around this problem? I can't use italics because they are already in use in the memo.

I need to find a way to distinguish some text in some memos.

What I am attempting to do is to make published obituaries, which I have copied from papers or journals, look different from the default text for the rest of the memo. I presently cut and paste the text and insert it with a couple a carriage returns into the Death or Burial Tag memo field. I have tried changing the point size but this goes haywire as does the line spacing, when I output to Second Site or to a printed report. In a perfect world a "Smaller Text" button as one finds in Thunderbird would be ideal. I'd even settle for a compressed form of the default font if I could find a way to call it.

Has anyone already invented the wheel or found a way around this problem? I can't use italics because they are already in use in the memo.

I offset the text of the obituary with [LIND:] [:LIND]

The "Left Indent" coded that Paul has recommended will indent the whole block of text in TMG Reports.

In Second Site they can do anything you like with the text marked with that code. I set it to be indented on both sides, and in a smaller font. You make these settings in the Stylesheets > System> Code LIND section. Some examples are mentioned in my Style Sheet Examples article - scan down about two-thirds of the way to the Stylesheets > System> Code LIND section.

Thank you both for solving my problem. I had the same feeling when I got my first golf-ball typewriter :)