DavidForthoffer

Bug: Explorer Sort by "Surname Soundex, Given name..." sorts by Given name.

In 7.04 with Project Explorer and all filters cleared, I set Sort to "Surname Soundex, Given name, Birth date".

The list then displays sorted by Given name, with identical Given names sorted by Surname Soundex.

Please fix this bug in TMG v8.

In 7.04 with Project Explorer and all filters cleared, I set Sort to "Surname Soundex, Given name, Birth date".

The list then displays sorted by Given name, with identical Given names sorted by Surname Soundex.

Please fix this bug in TMG v8.

I'm using v8 and this sort seems to work correctly for me. The surnames are sorted by the soundex code which is listed just in front of the actual surname.

Robert

Hi David,

I cannot reproduce what you see in my copy of V7.04. Since you posted this in the V7 Forum I assume that is where you are seeing this issue. (I also cannot see this in my copy of V8).

Have you run the V7.04 Maintenance routines lately? When names have a sorting problem in some of the lists this usually fixes it.

Under the Menu item File // Maintenance you should first run Optimize. Then run Validate File Integrity (VFI). Repeat running that pair of routines until VFI reports no errors. Then run a final Optimize. Usually that fixes any such sorting problem.

Let us know if that helps,