ruppy

Screen Layout

I have been unable to save a screen layout I set up in tmg 8. I am trying to locate the tag box, reporting, and text editing boxes in an enlongated form on the left side of my page one under another. I save the layout. When I close and reopen tmg 8 the boxes change from enlongated to square. I'm using windows 7 64 bit professional edition.

ruppy

ruppy

If the toolbars changed shape after you closed TMG, it sounds like they were 'floating', not 'docked'. A docked toolbar does not have a border or the name of the toolbar or the red Close (X) button showing (see screenshot below) and will not change shape once docked.

To dock a toolbar you have to push it very firmly against the side of the window until it loses the red (X) button and locks to the side. If your toolbars were indeed docked and then floated loose - that would be a problem, so let us know. Floating toolbars do occasionally change shape and that is a long-standing nuisance.

layout.png

Virginia

ruppy

If the toolbars changed shape after you closed TMG, it sounds like they were 'floating', not 'docked'. A docked toolbar does not have a border or the name of the toolbar or the red Close (X) button showing (see screenshot below) and will not change shape once docked.

To dock a toolbar you have to push it very firmly against the side of the window until it loses the red (X) button and locks to the side. If your toolbars were indeed docked and then floated loose - that would be a problem, so let us know. Floating toolbars do occasionally change shape and that is a long-standing nuisance.

post-23-1324508347_thumb.png

Virginia

Thank you, Virginia. That took care of the problem. I'll remember that.

ruppy