DougHo

PDF Converter update (disallowed?)

I installed TMG v8 on 64-bit Windows 7 a couple days ago. Later Windows Update said there was an optional update for AMYUNI Document Converter 400 from May 2010 (TMG v8 seems to install a 4.0.0.9 version from December 2009). After installing that update (4.0.1.2?), TMG v8 gave me an error when trying to do a Report - Save to Adobe PDF. The error was TerPrint2(a) Error Code Error finishing the page.

I did a System Restore to the Restore point created during the Windows Update process, and TMG v8 works again without error.

Is this the expected behavior (and did I miss some instructions about not being able to allow optional updates)?

I am having a similar issue on my 32 bit XP machine. I have not completed the install because I got an error message which said:

"The software you are installing for this hardware:

Printers

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing."

A second screen shows the following:

"Amyuni Document Converter

Windows 32-bit install

Checking for existing PDF printer

Installing using .inf file

Copying cdintf.dll file

Copying xmllite.dll file"

So I am now in the final stages of installation, but I am not sure about continuing.

I am having a similar issue on my 32 bit XP machine. I have not completed the install because I got an error message which said:

"The software you are installing for this hardware:

Printers

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing."

A second screen shows the following:

"Amyuni Document Converter

Windows 32-bit install

Checking for existing PDF printer

Installing using .inf file

Copying cdintf.dll file

Copying xmllite.dll file"

So I am now in the final stages of installation, but I am not sure about continuing.

I received the same messages when installing on my XP machine. I told it to ignore and continue (whatever the options were, I don't remember) and have had no problems since then. However please be advised I do very little printing from TMG since I use SS. I do "print" several reports to files and then later print them and have had no problem.

I think the Windows Logo Testing is more bloat from MS and does not really impact on TMG. It seems to be a warning that some software/hardware vendor has not followed all the rules MS wants to impose on us.

Hope this helps

Mike

There is no problem allowing Windows update to update the Amyuni PDF printer driver used by TMG.

I just checked Windows update and saw the driver and allowed the update. No issue. Since I started testing this new PDF driver, I have had it updated by Windows Update 3 or 4 times prior to this current update. The nice thing is that you will always be running the latest version of the driver.