Mark D

OLE error code 0x80040154:Class not registered.

I have been on version 7 for some time waiting to create reports when version 8 comes out.

I installed version 8 from a download, and when I try to produce some reports (the one I used was, list of people), I get an Program Error (OLE error code 0x80040154:Class not registered.) and no report.

I am running windows 7 64 bit. I have reinstalled version 8 multiple times. I have even gone back and reinstalled version 7 and then version 8, to see if it was something that it needed from that version.

I have the same problem, affecting some of the report generation (Ahnentafel Direct Line for instance). Looks like it's caused by a missing dll, cdintf-1.dll. In my case this was a clean install on a new Windows 64 bit system, and it was the download version of TMG8 installed. I have contacted support but no reply as yet.

Thought I'd post this as there must be a lot of other people out there with the same problem, so a published fix might be helpful for all, maybe?

The issue is a DLL used by the PDF driver not being properly registered. How the procedure for fixing that gets conveyed to users is up to Wholly Genes.

Reports should work fine when output to Word or RTF files. The problem is expressed when the report is output to screen, printer or PDF.

I too am having this same problem. I have written to "Support", but have received no response. Could someone please publish the fix here in the absence of support from "Support".

All of my report formats are working wonderfully, and I love the improvements to the report writer, except I too am having problems with .pdf reports on 2 different computers,

My laptop running Windows 7 64 bit (message:

"The module 'cdintf400.dll/u' failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check it for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found".

And on my desktop running Windows 7 32 bit: "OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered."

I have been in touch with technical support, back and forth. They just asked for trouble reports, so I know they are working with it.

I am sure they are buried with all the bits 'n pieces of problems that a new version of TMG creates.

If there is a fix out there, I would love to have it as well.

Edited by Loni Fuller

I did run the file pdfinstall.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogistv8\pdf.

I got this tip from Support.

Thanks Liliana. I have done this as well on both computers, as well as the other published fix with the "cmd" fix which has been sent to me and published on the RootsWeb TMG list as well.

I haven't heard back from Support since I sent them the requested Trouble Reports, but I know that they are snowed and since I can do my reports in Word I am willing to be patient ...