Lee Irons

Use of Sentences in Reports

Hello. I'm new to the forums. I'm trying out TMG 8. I am hopeful that it will do some things I have been looking for. I like the capabilities provided with Event and Role Sentences. The codes are the most extensive I've seen in any genealogy software. The capability to parse memo entries with the "||" in order to have different data in the memo appear in different locations in a sentence is also very helpful.

I've been trying to figure out how to turn on these sentences in Family Group Sheets. Is it possible? If so, then how is it done?

I've been trying to figure out how to get Citation Details and Citation Memos to print in footnotes and endnotes. I found that the sentence structure for a source citation is set up in the Source Definition window on the Output Form tab. However, when I add [CD] or [CM] to a sentence, the Citation Detail and the Citation Memo still do not print in a footnote or endnote, even with footnotes or endotes turned on in the report. What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've been trying to figure out how to turn on these sentences in Family Group Sheets. Is it possible? If so, then how is it done?

Sentence structures only work in narrative reports so they can't be used in Family Group Sheets.

I've been trying to figure out how to get Citation Details and Citation Memos to print in footnotes and endnotes. I found that the sentence structure for a source citation is set up in the Source Definition window on the Output Form tab. However, when I add [CD] or [CM] to a sentence, the Citation Detail and the Citation Memo still do not print in a footnote or endnote, even with footnotes or endotes turned on in the report. What do I need to do to get this to work?

[CD] and [CM] should work fine in the footnote and short footnote source templates. They will not work in bibliography source templates. Normally, you would want to enclose these in conditional delimiters in case that type of data doesn't exist for a specific citation. and

Would have been nice to have the option to use event and role sentences rather than standard event listings in reports other than just narratives. Printing standard event listings in things like Family Group Sheets looks odd when event memos are set up to support a customized sentence.

I think the reason why I could not get the citation details and citation memo to show up before was that I did not select "Off" or "On - Requires same source and [CD]" for my Ibid option.

Edited by Lee Irons