Robert Jacobs

Family and Tree tab changes from version 7?

I think I see part of what's happening. With the person view exposed, select someone from the project explorer (linked). Then click below the tags in the person view tag box. The selected person's mother gets the focus, and if one then goes to tree view one gets the mother's tree. If instead you click on the upper border bar of the person view, the topmost tag (which in my case is the automatic relation tag) gets the focus and selecting the tree view gives the tree for the person selected for automatic relations. If you had delivered the click to any tag for a named person, that person gets the focus.

I don't think that v7 worked that way, but whether it did or not, I think that the focus should go to the person originally chosen from the PE.

I hope that someone with access to WG can report this as a bug to be fixed.

Good wishes and Happy New Year to all.

Robert

Robert,

Any user mentioning what they believe to be a bug in this forum is usually sufficient to get it on a list to be reviewed. This forum is sponsored by WhollyGenes specifically to give users like yourself "access" to WG. While the employees of WhollyGenes don't usually reply to posts (since us volunteer users typically provide most answers needed), they do monitor this forum.

Robert,

Any user mentioning what they believe to be a bug in this forum is usually sufficient to get it on a list to be reviewed. This forum is sponsored by WhollyGenes specifically to give users like yourself "access" to WG. While the employees of WhollyGenes don't usually reply to posts (since us volunteer users typically provide most answers needed), they do monitor this forum.

Dear Michael,

Thanks so much. I hope they do attend to it. Thanks again for your help and all good wishes.

Robert

I think this issue may be related to the thread "person changed - not the one I was working on [stilla problem in TMG 8]" on the TMG Rootsweb mailing list.

Robert

Well I'm with Robert and Joanne.

This process works perfectly in TMG 7 but not in TMG 8. I also get the mother as the focus when you go to the the Family or Tree TAB. And when Paul said he has figured it out, sorry Paul, that is definitely not how it works in TMG7 for me. And what's more if you start in the Family or Tree view in TMG 8 then go to the Person view you get the correct (ie same) person. It is only when you start with the Person view and go to a Tree or Family view that is goes to the persons mother (if there is one).

So I say there _is_ a problem with the way TMG 8 is working.

Graeme Simpson

Oops, my comments were supposed to come from my personal login, not melbourneoz (Melbourne TMG User Group).

Graeme Simpson