Neil Grantham

Installing after 'Trial'

I note that the 'Trial expired' topic is locked to replies.

I just wondered if anyone could share the 'fix' for this - I see some have contacted support.

I have the Beta on XP and Windows 7 and want to install the new program and just anticipating this problem occuring.

Edited by Neil Grantham

Neil, I contacted support about this and heard back from then within a couple of days, but they thought I had purchased v8. I wrote back and told them it was the trial version, I haven't heard from them since and don't expect to :grrr:

I haven't bought it and don't think I will either.

Neil,

Since you have the beta installed, the trial period will be expired.

The only solution is to buy the program. If you don't want after a reasonable period of testing, Wholly Genes will give you a refund.

Be sure to remove all traces of the TMG8 public beta before installing the release version.

Jim

Neil,

Since you have the beta installed, the trial period will be expired.

The only solution is to buy the program. If you don't want after a reasonable period of testing, Wholly Genes will give you a refund.

Be sure to remove all traces of the TMG8 public beta before installing the release version.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I installed the Beta, and used it once in the trial period, so haven't had a chance to assess the new version prior to a possible upgrade from 7, hence my question, as I'd seen that others had the same issue.

Seems that what you are saying, that those who installed the Beta cannot now install the 'Trial' downloads without a purchase.

Seems that what you are saying, that those who installed the Beta cannot now install the 'Trial' downloads without a purchase.

Not exactly. There is no difference between the 'trial' version and the regular version. They are the same installer.

If you had the TMG8 public beta installed, the trial period will be expired when you install the TMG8 release version.

The only way to have full functionality is to buy the release version and unlock it.

I do appreciate it is the same installer, and that you put in your Key as and when you purchase it.

However, I am a bit dismayed that those who chose to use the Beta are penalised for having it installed, in that they have to purchase a license now, just to test the new version.

By definition, Beta software is not the finished product, and it is the finished product I wish to test before I decide to go ahead with the purchase.

I have no idea what was missing from the Beta.

I am teetering on the edge of using another product, so being unable to assess TMG8 may just push me.

Perhaps the Beta should have had a warning that if we installed it we wouldn't later be able to test the finished product.

From what I can see in my email newlsetter, it just states that it is a free public beta that will expire after 30 days, and nothing about it disabling trial versions.

the Beta should have had a warning that if we installed it we wouldn't later be able to test the finished product.

From what I can see in my email newlsetter, it just states that it is a free public beta that will expire after 30 days, and nothing about it disabling trial versions.

That was the 30-day trial period. There is no 'trial version'.

Dear Mr. Byram,

Please notice I have also the expired trial period from first start, and I have never had any beta version installed. Please tell me what has gone wrong in my case.

Regards

Finn Frederiksen

Please notice I have also the expired trial period from first start, and I have never had any beta version installed. Please tell me what has gone wrong in my case.

That is a result of an installer issue that was not anticipated. I have no idea whether Support has a solution for that. You will need to contact Support and ask.

the Beta should have had a warning that if we installed it we wouldn't later be able to test the finished product.

That was the 30-day trial period. There is no 'trial version'.

Probably semantics Jim!

I'd have to disagree as the WG main page clearly states (and has done at least since the release of v7 from memory)

"Download a 30-day free trial"

I have, but it is rendered useless by the Beta issue