Ken.Clarke2@btinternet.com

Dotted lines in VCF not printing

I am using TMG v.8 in Windows Vista and printing to a Canon Pixma IP4600 printer.

I can set up charts in VCF with some lines solid and some dotted. Print preview shows the correct result. When output goes to my printer I can also ask for a preview and this also shows the dotted lines correctly. But when I print I just get solid lines. Do others get this problem. Is there a fix and if this is an inherent problem with VCF is it going to be fixed.

This has been a problem for several years and I was hoping that with the release of TMG8 it would have been dealt with.

I am using TMG v.8 in Windows Vista and printing to a Canon Pixma IP4600 printer.

I can set up charts in VCF with some lines solid and some dotted. Print preview shows the correct result. When output goes to my printer I can also ask for a preview and this also shows the dotted lines correctly. But when I print I just get solid lines. Do others get this problem. Is there a fix and if this is an inherent problem with VCF is it going to be fixed.

This has been a problem for several years and I was hoping that with the release of TMG8 it would have been dealt with.

Ditto.

A work-around that works for me (TMG7/XP):

Install the Cute PDF Writer program as a printer. Use it to print your chart that contains dotted lines to a file from VCF. Print the chart PDF file to a printer using Adobe Reader. Dotted lines are on your hard-copy. Magic, in one easy extra step.

Another advantage of VCF charts in PDF file format is that you can magnify your chart on the screen on in print using Adobe.

Good luck,

Thanks Mike for your reply. I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat on my machine and am therefore able to "print" to it. I have just tried printing the VCF chart to it and again the dotted lines do not appear! I will have a look at "Cute PDF Writer" as you suggest, however, I hope the developers will deal with the issue in VCF now that version 8 of TMG has been launched.

Ken

The dotted lines are solid for me with CutePDF and also PDF995. For a one-page chart - if your printer does not handle dotted lines - you can export as a .jpg and print that. It looks pretty good on my Epson Deskjet.

DottedLines.jpg

Virginia