Mule2303

Cannot perform backup using TMG 8

David,

If I may ask a question, when you look at your Project Summary under File what does it tell you about the number of exhibits?

Keep in mind that the number of Exhibits may be more than what you think it should be, in your earlier messages you spoke of seeing 261 yet only having 258, or words to that effect. Since you can link an exhibit to more than one event, source or person it considers each link as an exhibit, even though the same file is in use (One caveat is that this is correct when you are talking about external exhibits, I am not sure that the same applies to Internal Exhibits.)

Your logs seem to indicate that there was a problem with at least a few of the exhibits, yet you say that you have no frowny faces in the exhibit log. Your clips of the logs suggest that you used a naming technique that might allow you to visit each of the people involved to see if the exhibit is or isn't there. As a test, you might want to try and delete the exhibits that are associated with those files mentioned to see if it can clear up the issue.

On a side note, Pathwiz does have the ability to report on missing exhibits, and can identify both internal and external exhibits, printing a report that provides a thumbnail image of the exhibit. It may help you further troubleshoot the problem.

Hope this helps.

Dave O.

Hi Dave

It confirmed 261, and I agree it could be that 1 exhibit is linked to 3 persons or events. And like you not sure how that is handled by Internal Exhibits.

Thanks for the suggestion - went the whole way and deleted all known exhibits and the problem went away. So it's probably down the errors within the exhibits themselves. Just to need to manually re-apply them all now to TMG8

Thanks for the info on Pathwiz - I will take a closer look.

Kind regards

David

Hi Robert

Just want to say a big thank you for your assistance with this issue, we didn't solve but we got a long way in understanding what isn't causing it to a degree where I now have a work around.

Your efforts and time spent on this with me are truly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

David

David,

Well I'm glad that you have managed to make progress. However it seems to have been painful since you now have to reattach all of those exhibits. One side effect will be the size of your project should be smaller, since the attached exhibits will not be included in the project itself and will be seperate files.

I wonder if deleting the exhibits corresponding to the 4 PDF exhibits mentioned in the restore log would have perhaps corrected the problem.

Good luck with your research.

Dave O.

Hi David

I deleted the 4 PDF's very early on in this painful process. It didn't make any difference. But thanks for looking into my log reports.

Many Thanks

David

Problem solved.

Uninstalled TMG8 and all its components and went back to TMG7. I'll Check back next year to see how we are doing with TMG8.

Someday I'll remember not to fall for this "upgrade to a new version" statement. lol.