Liliana

Problem with language specific caracters in Researcher information

Hi,

I have entered language specific caracters in File / Preferences / Options / Current Project Options / General.

I have tried with the following åäöÅÄÖüÜ. Some of them from Sweden and some from Germany.

If I print a report are these caracters missing in the Researcher information. Why?

I have no problem with these caracters on tags. So far only discoverd for Researcher information.

I do not like that TMG rename my name and address...

Edited by Liliana

Hi,

I have entered language specific caracters in File / Preferences / Options / Current Project Options / General.

I have tried with the following åäöÅÄÖüÜ. Some of them from Sweden and some from Germany.

If I print a report are these caracters missing in the Researcher information. Why?

I have no problem with these caracters on tags. So far only discoverd for Researcher information.

I do not like that TMG rename my name and address...

Liliana,

you are correct that these "diacritical / umlauted / special" characters are omitted from the researcher information in reports. I still need to do some additional testing, though.

With regard to the German characters: ä Ä ö Ö ü Ü.... you know for sure that a totally valid and grammatically correct method is to substitute these by: ae Ae oe Oe ue Ue - right?

May be that helps -at least as a work-around- for the time being.

Keep in mind that TMG does not support Unicode, only ANSI.

Yes, absolutely. However, all characters which Liliana listed are part of ANSI.