Sign in to follow this  
SmithOJ

Possible Bug in Journal Narrative Report?

I seem to be getting some extra carriage returns in my Journal Narrative Descendants reports in V8 vs V7 and I am not sure if it is me or a possible bug.

I have tracked it down to an extra carriage return is inserted when there is information about a child’s spouse and that couple has no children so they are not carried forward in the next generation. However if I have a note for that child that prints in the report then no extra carriage return is added. So to better illustrate:

In the family below there is an extra carriage return before Samuel Oberholtzer's information but there is not one before Casper Eberly's. Notice I do not have a note tag for Bertha whereas I do have one for Anna.

I can reproduce this for any number of families.

24. Mary F. Charles (Christian, John) was born on 25 Apr 1856, PA. She married Christian Newcomer Forrey, on 24 Oct 1878.

Christian Newcomer Forrey was born on 17 Dec 1853. He died on 4 Mar 1939, at age 85.

Children of Mary F. Charles and Christian Newcomer Forrey were as follows:

i. Bertha Forrey She married Samuel Burkholder Oberholtzer.

Samuel Burkholder Oberholtzer was born on 5 Aug 1878. Samuel was enumerated as a Farmer in the 1920 Census in Warwick Twp., Lancaster Co., PA.

ii. Anna C. Forrey was born on 19 Sep 1895. She married Casper Schmuck Eberly, on 29 Mar 1927. She died on 23 Jan 1992 at age 96.

Anna was enumerated in the 1900 Census in the household of her grandfather, Christian Charles, and in the 1910 and 1920 Census in the household of her uncle, Abraham Charles.

Casper Schmuck Eberly was born on 24 Aug 1885. Casper was enumerated as a Farmer in the 1920 Census in East Hempfield Twp. and in the 1930 Census in Ephrata, both in Lancaster Co., PA.

Further information, I use Custom format and Abbreviated events for children; only children that are carried forward.

Thoughts on bug or me? Thanks

I have got the same issue with Journal report (descendent), when print prview or print to Word.

This is very inconvinient, as it forces to a lot of editing work.

Regards,

Pedro